Professor: Creating a Test Student Account
To create your own test student account:
- Open a private browsing or incognito window and visit this URL: https://tophat.com/pricing/
- Click Sign Up in the upper right hand corner and then select Student.
- Click where it says Search by School and type and select Professor Test Organization if you are on the US servers, or Professor Test Organization CA if you are on our Canadian servers.
- Enter your account details, then click Next
- Enter a sample student ID if you'd like, and then press Next, or select Skip, I will add it later
- Enter your mobile phone number if you'd like to experiment with student's ability to submit by way of SMS/text message and click Send Verification Code and complete the verification process. If you don't want to include your phone number simply click Skip, I don't want to use my phone instead.
- Find your course by searching for your 6 digit course join code, and then clicking Enroll
- On the next screen you will be prompted to purchase a subscription, but you simply need to click Have a subscription code? Redeem here to apply your code. If you need a test subscription code to skip payment, please just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your course requires a fee for additional content you will be prompted to pay at checkout. Simply click Have a coupon? to redeem your coupon code and bypass payment. If you require a coupon code to bypass this payment and haven't been provided one, please just reach out to email@example.com.
Should you require further assistance with Top Hat, our Support Team is here to help! You can contact us directly by way of email (firstname.lastname@example.org), the red Can’t find what you are looking for? Ask Support! banner at the bottom of this page, or calling us at 1-888-663-5491.