Professor: Adding a Hint or Explanation to a Question within Pages (Old Top Hat)
Hints and explanations are optional and independent of each other in that one may exist without the other. To add a hint and/or explanation simply click where it says Add a hint/explanation in the question building framework within your Pages document.
The option to view a hint you have provided appears:
- after a student submits an incorrect answer to the question when available to them in Homework - Custom Grading + Learning Mode
- after a student submits an incorrect answer to the question when available to them in Review Status
Hints will not be provided to students at any point when a question is being graded for correctness.
A provided explanation is available:
- after a student responds correctly to a question within a Page
- in the Homework - Custom Grading + Learning Mode after 2 failed attempts they can choose to click Show Answer to reveal the explanation
- in Review Status after 2 failed attempts they can choose to click Show Answer to reveal the explanation
Please note: Hints and explanations are not yet available to students who are accessing your pages document using a mobile device. They will still be able to answer the questions on mobile, they just won't be able to take advantage of any hints or explanations that you've included. This feature will be available for mobile users in time for the Fall 2016 semester.
Should you require further assistance with Top Hat, our Support Team is here to help! You can contact us directly by way of email (email@example.com), the in app support button, the red Can’t find what you are looking for? Ask Support! banner at the bottom of this page, or calling us at 1-888-663-5491.