Professor: Navigating Your Course (New Top Hat)
After entering your course you will be presented with the course home page or interface. This is the web-based console from which you will primarily access your Top Hat course for the purposes of creating content, monitoring your course roster, and tracking the gradebook.
- Course Identifiers - in the upper left hand corner you will find important course access information such as the name and join code of the course you are currently in
- Course Header - from here you can navigate between your course content, Gradebook to view or export your students' grades, or the Students tab to monitor your Top Hat course roster
- Help - clicking the question mark icon in the upper right hand corner of your course interface will give you access to a variety of support resources
- Settings - the cog icon to the right of the help button will provide you with the options to adjust your course settings, adjust your account settings, or logout
- Create Button - clicking this button will provide you with a variety of Top Hat content in which you can select and create
- Content Dashboard - a list of all of the content currently created in your Top Hat course
- Preview Pane - clicking on any item in your content dashboard will reveal it in this area providing you with the opportunity to preview it before presenting it or assigning it to students
Should you require further assistance with Top Hat, our Support Team is here to help! You can contact us directly by way of email (email@example.com), the in app support button, the red Can’t find what you are looking for? Ask Support! banner at the bottom of this page, or calling us at 1-888-663-5491.