Professor: Having connectivity issues?
If you are experiencing issues with your classroom WiFi, below are some tips that can assist you in enjoying a smoother integration.
Tips for Professors:
- Open only one Top Hat question at a time.
- Connect your podium computer to ethernet, not WiFi (this saves bandwidth for the students).
- Leave the question open a little longer to allow all students to respond (especially while they get the hang of things).
- If many students still report problems, consider opening the question as homework for one hour after the lecture to give all students an opportunity (this can be scheduled (Schedule an Item) so it is automated).
- Share the tips below with your students (this can have a significant impact!)
Tips for Students:
- Close other apps as it’s likely they’re using WiFi in the background.
- Download Top Hat before or after, not during class.
- Have only one of your devices connected to WiFi at a time. (Put away that extra tablet!)
- Try Offline Mode on your mobile app. Responses will sync when the device has a better connection.
- Use cellular data instead of WiFi (turn WiFi off on your phone).
- Submit responses by SMS/text message.
Should you require further assistance with Top Hat, our Support Team is here to help! You can contact us directly by way of email (email@example.com), the in app support button, the red Can’t find what you are looking for? Ask Support! banner at the bottom of this page, or calling us at 1-888-663-5491.