Professor: Can I ask the same Question Twice? (Old Top Hat)
Yes! You can ask a specific Question on multiple occasions and compare the results.
This feature is useful when asking a question to different sections of one course, or when asking a question at different times within the same class.
- Go to Settings in the Dashboard and under Advanced Settings select 'New report session on activation' then click Save.
- Create a Question.
- Ask the Question for the first time.
- Once answers have been submitted, click 'Disable Submissions'.
- Click on the 'Reports' tab to display the results from the first Question Session.
- Close the question.
- Ask the same question a second time.
- Once answers have been submitted for the second session, click 'Disable Submissions'.
- Click the 'Reports' button a second time to display results from the second Question Session.
- Click 'Compare Sessions' to compare results from the first session with results from the second session.
- When collecting student data in more than two different sessions, you can compare any two by selecting the first session from the upper session box, and the second session from the lower Selected session box.
If you need any additional support, please feel free to reach out to us. The easiest way to get in touch with us is to click Support at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen (when logged into your Top Hat Account) or click the 'Submit a Request' button in the top right-hand corner of this screen. You can also drop us a line; 1-888-663-5491 ext 1 or shoot us an email at email@example.com. We are happy to help resolve any issues!