Professor: How do Anonymous Questions work? (Old Top Hat)
Sharing and responding to others without direct acknowledgement or identification is one of the most powerful aspects of engaging in a digital environment.
Top Hat harnesses anonymity and puts it to use in the classroom to create new pedagogical opportunities.
- Any type of Top Hat question may be made anonymous.
- Anonymous Questions cannot be graded because students' identities are hidden.
- Anonymous Questions are ideal for polling.
- Anonymous Questions may be used to collect sensitive, polarizing or personal feedback from a class with privacy, accuracy and honesty.
- Results of Anonymous Questions may be kept private.
How to Create an Anonymous Question
- Create a new Question.
- Select the 'Anonymous Question' box.
NOTE: Selecting the 'Anonymous Question' box greys-out and disables all Correctness boxes. Additionally, please note, designating a question as Anonymous cannot be changed later.
Should you require further assistance with Top Hat, our Support Team is here to help! You can contact us directly by way of email (firstname.lastname@example.org), the in app support button, the red Can’t find what you are looking for? Ask Support! banner at the bottom of this page, or calling us at 1-888-663-5491.