Student: How do I add or Disenrol from a Course?
Let's get you started in your course! On Top Hat, you can take as many courses as you like as long as your subscription isn't expired. To enroll in a Top Hat course follow these steps:
Before you can enroll in a course, you'll need to create a Top Hat account. If you don't have a Top Hat account yet, follow our quick start guide for some help getting set up.
During the account creation process, you'll be able to search for your course by your instructor's name, the Top Hat join code, or course description.
You can select and enroll in a course at any time by searching for it in the Course Lobby.
- Go to the Top Hat Login page
- Select your school, enter your username and password, then Login.
- Click on the Top Hat icon in the top-left hand corner to exit to the Course Lobby
- This will take you to the lobby where all your courses will be displayed
- To enroll in a course start by clicking the "Add a Course" button
- You can now search courses using the search bar
- Courses can be searched by course name, Top Hat Join Code, description, or professor name
- The results will be displayed and you can click Enroll to participate in the class
- Every time you log in from now on, the course should be in your course lobby!
You can remove a course directly within the Top Hat website. To remove any course from the website, do the following:
- Click on the Top Hat icon at the top left part of your screen. This takes you to the lobby where you can see the courses you are currently in.
- Find the course from the list that you wish to remove, and click on the circled "x" to the left of its name.
- You will be asked to confirm if you wish to leave the course, select yes, and it will be removed.
- We recommend that you only leave the course after you have received your final grade to ensure that you get all marks associated with your Top Hat participation.
Finding Your Course
Click here if you need help finding your course!
As always, we are here for you! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to submit a support request by clicking the 'Submit Request' button in the top righthand portion of your screen :)